To celebrate the first day of Spring, we've put together The Ultimate Spring Cleaning Checklist. A motivational checklist to help you create a healthy and happy sleeping environment.
- Declutter - Go through your belongings and decide what to keep, donate, or discard.
- Dust all surfaces, including furniture, shelves, and decorations.
- Launder curtains, mattress protectors, underblankets, bed linens, pillowcases, and throw blankets.
- Clean windows and mirrors throughout the room.
- Wipe down light fixtures and replace any burnt-out bulbs.
- Open windows to freshen the air in the room.
- Dust and vacuum under the bed.
- Wipe down dressers, nightstands, and other furniture and polish if necessary.
- Clean upholstery: Vacuum and spot clean fabric chairs, cushions, and headboards.
- Turn or flip your mattress to ensure even wear.
- Launder or fluff pillows and replace if necessary.
- Vacuum and spot clean mattress stains.
- Replace worn mattress protectors, toppers and underblankets
- Discard old or worn sheets and replace with fresh new colours - check out the Bambi Tencel Sheets HERE>
- Consider getting a seasonal quilt for a more comfortable sleep environment
Wardrobes and Storage:
- Sort through clothes and accessories, donating or discarding items you no longer need.
- Dust and clean closet shelves, hangers, and storage solutions.
- Reorganise your closet and storage areas for better functionality.
Tech and Electronics:
- Wipe down electronics, such as TVs, computers, and chargers.
- Neaten and secure cords and cables to reduce clutter
- Wipe down decorative items, photo frames, artwork and candles.
- Consider refreshing the layout or arrangement of decorative pieces.
- Vacuum the floor, including under furniture and in corners. Thoroughly vacuum carpets and mop hardwood or laminate floors.
- Clean skirting with a damp cloth and remove dust and build-up
- Shake out or vacuum area rugs, and spot clean if necessary.
- Clean and organise your jewellery / accessory collection.
- Sort through belts, scarves, and hats, and organise them properly.
- Consider using air fresheners or diffusers to add a pleasant scent to the room.
- If you have indoor plants, give them some attention and remove any dead leaves and dust remaining healthy leaves.
- Add some fresh flowers, new decorative items, or rearrange existing decor to give your room a new look
Remember, you don't have to complete all these tasks in one day. Break down the checklist into manageable sections and tackle them over a few days to make your spring cleaning process more efficient and enjoyable.