Did you know that the textile industry uses some of the most polluting practices on the planet? The chemicals that go into producing traditional cotton, for example, are extremely damaging to the environment as a whole.
We have become increasingly aware of the energy that we use and the food that we eat. We know how to recycle, how to get rid of old appliances and how to shop for natural organic produce. But what about the huge amounts of old bedding that are thrown away every year? That is something most of us don’t even think about.
Experts recommend that we replace our pillows every two to three years and our duvets every four to five years. Just imagine the amount of non-recyclable materials that end up in landfills.
If you are ready to make the change, start small. Bambi’s eco-friendly sheets are made from sustainable botanic fabric so that you can enjoy a great night’s sleep knowing you are caring for our planet.
Why should you invest in eco-friendly sheets?
Eco-friendly sheets and sheet sets are not just good for the environment—they are good for you. The benefits of going full-organic are many:
- Eco-friendly sheets are free of toxic chemicals. Because they are designed and manufactured without the usage of synthetic chemicals, eco-friendly sheet sets are absolutely chemical-free. No chemicals also translate to zero flame retardants, which are carcinogenic in nature.
- They improve skin health. Our largest organ—our skin—is often exposed to our sheets for long periods of time. Would you rather spend eight hours a day with your skin touching harmful chemical solutions or have your skin be kissed by natural materials that make you feel great? If you often find yourself wondering about sudden outbursts of rashes on your body, you can probably blame it on the toxins.
- They are hypoallergenic. If you suffer from respiratory problems or allergies, you should know that many of these issues are often triggered due to the presence of pesticides and toxins used in the manufacturing process of conventional bedding. Organic and eco-friendly bed sheets are free of toxic chemicals and pesticides.
- They do a better job at regulating body temperature. Organic cotton, wool, latex as well as the new-age Tencel are made of natural materials that can provide unmatched temperature regulation all throughout the night. By regulating your body’s temperature, eco-friendly sheets can calm down your heart and thus provide a better REM sleep. You will feel rejuvenated and full of energy the morning after.
- They are sustainable and biodegradable. The natural manufacturing process of eco-friendly bed sheets is a sustainable process. For example, eco-friendly Tencel bed sheets are both biodegradable and sustainable, as the process of extracting pulp from the eucalyptus trees is a sustainable practice: manufacturing Tencel requires less energy and water than cotton.
- They are approved for infants. When it comes to our little ones, we always want to make sure they are taken care of. Organic bed sheets are highly recommended for infants and toddlers as they are beneficial for their delicate and susceptible-to-allergies skin.
Tencel is a new-age fabric that is highly breathable, light and versatile. It is a cellulose fibre made by dissolving eucalyptus wood pulp using a special drying process called spinning. Tencel is 50% more absorbent than cotton and thus less susceptible to odorous bacteria growth.
Like cotton and bamboo, Tencel is made from plant materials. However, manufacturing Tencel requires much less energy and water than cotton. Both cotton and bamboo are prone to wrinkling, while Tencel tends to have a much lustrous and less matte look. Bamboo and cotton sheets are just not as soft as Tencel bed sheets and don’t feel as cool to the touch.
The non-toxic solvents used to turn the eucalyptus wood pulp into fibre are made using petrochemicals. That being said, the production process is ‘closed-loop’, meaning that the solvent is recycled time and time again to produce new fibres, minimising harmful waste. The solvent recovery rate is close to 99%—the same cannot be said for the production of cotton and bamboo.
Our customers love Tencel. Discover this amazing new-age fabric today:
Tencel® Eco Touch Sheet Set
Bambi’s Tencel Eco Touch Sheet Set is one of the best eco-friendly sheet sets in the market. The silky-smooth, antibacterial fabric can wick 50% more moisture than cotton.
Made from 100% pure Tencel, the Bambi Tencel Eco Touch Sheet Set is hypoallergenic as well as asthma & allergy-friendly. It is available in five colours (white, silver, linen, graphite and blush) and 9 size options. The sheet set includes 1 flat sheet, 1 fitted sheet and 2 standard pillowcases. The Split King set includes 1 king flat sheet and 2 long single fitted sheets as well as 2 standard pillowcases.
Just like all of Bambi’s eco products, the Tencel Eco Touch Sheet Set carries the sensitive choice seal of approval.
Make the most of your sleep with Bambi’s Tencel Eco Touch Sheet Sets.
Eco Touch Tencel Quilt Cover Set
Designed for a natural night’s sleep, this eco-friendly quilt cover offers maximum comfort, excellent moisture absorption and natural hypoallergenic properties. Bambi’s Dobby Eco Touch quilt cover is soft your skin and gentle on the planet.
Made from 50% Tencel and 50% pure Australian cotton, the Bambi Eco Touch Tencel Quilt Cover Set is the best eco-friendly quilt cover solution in the market. It is available in three sizes (including Queen and King size) and it comes with 1 quilt cover and 2 pillowcases.
Just like all of Bambi’s eco products, the Eco Touch Tencel Quilt Cover Set carries the sensitive choice seal of approval.
Enjoy a wonderful night’s sleep every night with Bambi’s Eco Touch Tencel Quilt Cover Set
Our mission is to provide Australian families with the finest bedding solutions. Our sustainable eco-friendly bed sheets and quilt covers are the future. Discover our full range of organically-sourced, Australian-made products today.